Glitter Mason Jar


Mason jars are not new, but they have made a big come back and we are jumping on board! The best way to display things in the studio?  ADD GLITTER! I found these glitter mason jars on Pinterest and HAD to try them!

Here is my original inspiration:

Fresh Affairs


The Knotty Bride

And here is how I made it happen...
Materials: Super Easy! I had everything laying around. Modge Podge, foam brush, glitter, mason jar.


Step one: I took the mason jar (after cleaning and drying thoroughly) and covered it with a layer of modge podge.  This was the most difficult part because you want to make sure that the modge podge is evenly coated or else you will end up with clumps of glitter.


Step two: Start pouring glitter over the jar. I grabbed a small box to glitter in so that I didn't have a huge mess to clean up!

Step three: Once you glitter the whole jar, let it sit for at least 30 minutes to dry. Once dried, use a soft paint brush or something similar to wipe off access glitter.


Finally!!! A gorgeous, glittery jar that you can use for displays and centerpieces!!!  I love it! Glitter makes me smile!

This whole project took about 30 minutes (not including drying time).  It was fun to do and very easy!  If you try this... let us know! We want to see the results!

xoxo,
Tara

0 comments:

Post a Comment