Signature Scent for Wedding Day

So Ladies! I could not wait to tell you about latest wedding adventure! I recently read that a way to relax and have a bit of fun during the stressful times of wedding planning is to go out and find yourself a "signature scent" for your wedding. Well, yesterday, I hit my almost-breaking-point and decided to go out and give it a shot!

I took this challenge very seriously. I mean after all, years down the line, when I (or more importantly my fiance) smell this scent, we will fondly think of the day we were married. I wanted it to be something fairly light, sexy and be something I have never worn before. This was quite difficult for me seeing as how I am a girly girl at heart and can almost always find a reason to visit the cosmetic counters!

So- armed with nothing but deoderant and a credit card, I made my big trip out to the mall. I smelled perfumes at multiple stores, smelled lots of coffee beans... (apparently this "cleanses the pallet") and kept walking out of the store to get some fresh air. After a couple of hours of smelling what felt like almost every perfume that I have never smelled before - I narrowed it down to my final choices: Juicy Couture Original and Michael Kors Very Hollywood. After much debate I decided that the Juicy Couture was more of something that I would wear everyday whereas the Michael Kors was definately a "special occasion" sort of perfume. Of course... I ended up with both!



Via: Juicy Couture Website
"Now everyone can lead the charmed life of a Juicy girl. Splash on our signature scent featuring top notes of watermelon, mandarin, and passion fruit combined with the sparkle and freshness of bright marigold and green apple, lightened by a splash of water hyacinth and crushed leaves. Deeper notes of wild rose with sophisticated princess lily and creamy tuberose undertones. Base notes of caramel creme brulee and vanilla meld with elegant precious woods and patchouli."


Via: Michael Kors Website
"The Eau de Parfum makes its debut with shimmering jewels of mandarin and iced bergamot. Scene-stealing gardenia follows suit with a decadent performance of award-worthy glamour."

I got my purchases home and waited for my fiance to come home to smell my chosen "Wedding Day Scent", Very Hollywood. And, I am glad I did. My fiance found the smell just "too strong". It actually burned his nose!!! So, I told him that I would return it and he needed to help me find the perfect scent for the Big Day!


Today, we went to the store, returned the perfume and actually found Mr. K a signature scent to wear on our wedding day! It smelled so clean, fresh, manly and not at all overpowering! Introducing to you: Chrome by Azzaro. It is amazing! And I am so glad that he actually picked something special for our wedding day!


So, you ask, what did I end up with? Mr. K and I fell in love with Victoria Secret's Noir Tease. I won't repeat what he said but let's just say he LOVED it! Nothing else compared! Hands down I am going to feel, look and smell classy, a tad sexy and a bit mysterious on our wedding day!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment