Halloween Birthday Surprise

After we got back from our honeymoon - I needed to do something crafty and creative. Lucky for me, my new husbands Birthday was only a couple days after we got back. I decided that I needed to do something special for him (and fun for me) so I planned a little Happy Birthday Halloween Themed Dinner for the 2 of us. I had a blast putting it together. But I was so busy putting it together I didn't get many great pictures.

I made cupcakes for dessert. Chocolate with chocolate icing. Added a few plastic spiders for some fun and put them on a pretty fall tray. Wala!



Please ignore all of the extra stuff! This was during set up!!!
The black candles have a bit of sparkle to them. I got them at Party City for only $5.00 for all 10 of them. (They came in packs of 2 and were on sale!)
I wish I could remember my original inspiration for my arrangement but I became obsessed with putting together a red and purple arrangement. I couldn't find any real purple flowers so I just bought a dozen roses and then went to Michael's and found a bushell of purple flowers for 70% off! Score! I then bought wet foam (with a 40% off coupon) and put the arrangement together myself.
The green was in the roses I bought. I already had the silver pot that I put the arrangement in.
Of course I had to creep it up a bit so I put some spider webbing over the arrangemet with some plastic spiders. (Both on clearance at Party City). I also added a couple of fake rats. I dimmed the lights and lit the candles right before hubby came home.

I'm not a great cook but I was pretty proud of the delicious dinner I made!!! We had:
- Italian Bread
- Spagetti
- Pesto Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Chicken Parmesian (The Parmesian Shake 'n' Bake was SOOOO good!)

I also made a pitcher of Sangria. I used 4 different bottles of wine, Sprite, 1/2 cup of Sugar and frozen berry assortment. It was DELICIOUS! We drank the whole thing! The great thing about Sangria is that you it is pretty fail-proof. Just keep dumping and tasting - eventually you come up with something delicious!

When Hubby came home, I had the lights off, the candles lit, and a cd playing of theme songs from some of the most famous horror movies of all time. It was a wonderful evening! I can't wait for my next surprise dinner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment